Saturday, November 25, 2017

Home Mission Field Continues





I have two blogs.  For the last several months I have focused on this one, Unconventional Catherine.  Since October 2009 I have had a blog home called Home Mission Field. On that blog I have documented our journey of homeschooling and family.  I stopped writing on the blog recently when I began Unconventional Catherine.

I am at a different place in life.  Most of my children have grown and graduated.  I will be graduating my senior this coming Spring.  I only have one student left at home.  I have began college classes.  I have a grandson.  It seemed like the right time to begin a new blog. 

As much as I have enjoyed branching into new areas of writing, I still find myself going back to writing about homeschooling and education.  It is an area that I feel God called me to years ago, and one where my interests naturally veer.  I began posting posts on Unconventional Catherine about education and homeschooling, and I realized that I missed Home Mission Field.  I debated about going back and deleting Unconventional Catherine.  I debated about just sticking with Unconventional Catherine and not posting on Home Mission Field.  It has been something that I pondered over the last few weeks, but I have been so busy that I didn't come to any conclusions.

Over the last few days, as I have taken time for myself and a break from college work, I realize that both blogs serve a purpose.  So, I will, for the time being, write on both of them.  Some posts might overlap and be posted to both blogs.  Other posts might be more geared toward one purpose or another.  Eventually, I might combine the two and go back down to one blog.  For now, however, I am content with the ability to express myself through writing and blogging.  I like chronicling our journey in homeschooling.  By the time I finish homeschooling, I will have graduated four students and will have been homeschooling for eighteen years.  I want that documented!  I want to be able to go back through our adventures and see how far we have come.  It is already so fun to read about the things we did in the first couple of years.

My Home Mission Field can be found at https://homemissionfield.blogspot.com/. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lives or Livelihood is the Wrong Question

I have loved ones that are considered high risk.  Being infected with Covid-19 would place their lives in extreme peril.  The though...