Sunday, October 13, 2019

Swimming at Midnight

Taking the first actual vacation we have had in a few years, I found myself late at night in this first night out in the hotel swimming pool, just me and my twelve year old.   We often get some time, just the two of us, but it’s usually full of school or driving in the car, running errands.  Just to have thirty minutes of relaxing, swimming, just us, is rare.  Even when it’s just us, at home, we have distractions.  Screens surround us...  phones, TV, YouTube, so many screens.



I cherish these few times of just us, swimming, talking, laughing.  I will remember them.  I’ll remember that she still wanted me to watch her do a canon ball and a handstand in the water.  I’ll remember her sideways swimming that ran into me.  I’ll remember her chatter as we dried off and made our way up in the elevator.  She still wants to push the elevator button.



These moments don’t last forever, but the memories might live on in my heart...  and the pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lives or Livelihood is the Wrong Question

I have loved ones that are considered high risk.  Being infected with Covid-19 would place their lives in extreme peril.  The though...